The Finance department covers a wide range of roles in the company from producing accounts, to organising travel and to ensuring everyone gets paid each month.
The Finance department can be broken down in to the following categories by the roles the personnel play:
- Sales Order processing This team processes sales orders which then lead to the invoicing of customers. As every customer has its own complexities, this can be quite challenging.
- Credit Control This role is carried out by 1 individual who ensures that customer queries are dealt with in a timely fashion to ensure the customers we have pay us on time.
- Purchase Ledger / Expenses / Payroll We have 3 accounts assistants working in this area who deal with suppliers, employee’s expenses, petty cash etc. One of the individuals completes the monthly payroll ensuring individuals are paid on time and that their pension contributions are calculated correctly.
- Travel / Fleet Our Office/Fleet Manager looks after this departmental area and is assisted by the Office Administrator. They arrange any travel arrangements that employees may require for business purposes. They also manage the company’s fleet ensuring areas such as MOTs are covered and that our vehicles are being run safely and in line with company processes.
- Financial Controller Produces the company’s accounts and provides support on an operational level to the rest of the company. Controls the day to day financial issues and management of the finance team and system processes.