Responsible for managing all activities in respect of the Help Centre operations. To ensure that the customers’ satisfaction and SLA are maintained to the highest level.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Manage and work closely with the Head of Service Delivery and Operations Director to devise and regularly review / agree on the following Help Centre initiatives / activities:
Ongoing Help Centre plan
Budgetary cost control
Build and develop capabilities of the Help Centre Management team, both technical and non-technical. Mentor and develop skills within this group as necessary.
KPI’s productivity performance and targets effectively manage individual and team performance; build in regular reviews with team member taking necessary steps to improve overall team performance.
Team / department objectives
Performance efficiency including staff grading and reviews
Personnel / Staff performance and headcount forecasting and recruitment
Staff development and training
Shift working patterns and controls
Escalations and complaints
Internal / external reporting
System tools for both internal and external customer use
Customer feedback measures
Planned work personnel and schedule of works
Technical support team profile and working patterns
· 2-3 years Help Centre / Service Management experience gained in a technical environment.
· Good technical understanding of IT systems
· Candidate requires a strong proven background in system process and performance management.
· Experience of running an application Helpdesk (currently or within past 12 months).
· Experience of managing a team of at least 20 Helpdesk analysts.
· Able to build key relationships internally and with external customers.
· Determined and resilient with experience of working in a dynamic and challenging working environment.
· Leadership; provides and communicates inspiration and clear direction for the team which is in line with the organisation’s goals, mission and values.
· Performance management; manages the performance of others fairly, clearly and regularly, encouraging and supporting the team to achieve high standards
· Planning and organisational skills; able to plan and prioritise and deal effectively with unexpected changes.
· Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
· Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions. Able to use initiative to resolve problems
· Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
Degree in IT or business management.
The Help Centre provides first and second
line support to Zonal customers. The team of Help Centre Analysts use an
on-line service to resolve operational and software problems reported by
customers.In turn they liaise with
Engineering Schedulers to arrange for faults to be resolved on-site as
The Help Centre consists of Technical
Support Analysts, Client Service Analysts, Planned work and Help Centre
Analysts.The Help Centre operates on
shift patterns from 7am to 1am, 365 days a year.Support is provided based upon the SLAs in
place with the customers.These are
monitored on a daily basis and reported back to the customer at regular
The Service Operations Manager hours of work are; Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. Due to the nature of the service delivered to Zonal’s customer and business, additional hours outside of the core will be required (including weekends and Bank holidays). Some travel may be required.
If you wish to apply for the role, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com stating your current salary and a brief summary outlining your suitability for the role or apply now by hitting the button below.
If you require any further information please contact our Human Resources department via firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: We only accept CV's from agencies on the Zonal group preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, any Zonal group employees, or any Zonal office. Zonal is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited CV's.