The new frontier of hospitality isn’t just delicious, but digital
Is it time for the hospitality industry to put Wi-Fi at the top of the menu? Julian Ross from Wireless Social explores how operators can add value in this virtual environment.
Hospitality is all about interactions. Sometimes it’s the interactions between a group of diners, sometimes it’s between customers and staff, these relationships create a vital element of the customer experience.
As we move further into the 21st century, there are a whole manner of new interactions we are having to face. Take social media for example. Historically, food was meant to be enjoyed and savoured. Today, that same meal will be snapped, filtered, uploaded, hashtagged and shared with millions of #foodies online.
Social media reaches into almost every aspect of daily life. Today more customers are looking for an experience that isn’t just about the physical space they are dining in, but also the virtual one they are sharing their experience from.
Arguably the biggest impact on this digital phenomenon is the smartphone. A dining experience could now include social check-ins, streaming movies to keep the kids quiet, paying the bill or booking the cab home.
What are you doing to cater for your customers Wi-Fi requirements?
Accessing the internet via 4G might suffice for some customers, but the new requirements our guests seek, suggest that easy access, security-protected Wi-Fi is now a must have. This raises the question: what can we do to make the most of this essential requirement and create positive value by offering a service the customer clearly needs?
Let us introduce Wireless Social leading providers of Social Wi-Fi
Powered by the latest technology Wireless Social provides a powerful router that plugs into the back of existing Wi-Fi solutions and creates a huge range of benefits to the hospitality industry.
Quick summary of some of the features:
- Option to log in via social media simple for the customer with no forms / data entry required.
- Like your page customers give your social media pages a like or a follow, – an efficient way to boost your social channels.
- Data collection – The customer’s social media profile is captured, so you can target customers much more effectively using accurate contact data.
- A tailored, branded splash page targeted to the demographic of the customer who logs on with relevant messaging: 2-4-1 cocktail, free dessert or simply a friendly welcome.
- Understand customers – how long a customer stayed, their likes, and other information.
- On-going marketing and communication – The data is then available to use to customers back, send birthday wishes (invites), special offers, seasonal events. The system even integrates with all leading mail systems.
- Collate data to create powerful customer profiling customer insight, identifying likes and interests of your customer base.
- Safe and legally compliant complies with Digital Economy Bill 2016
In short, the virtual environment within the hospitality sector has now become a space we can no longer ignore. As technology progresses, and the online world becomes nearly as relevant to the universe as the one we live in, the hospitality industry needs to welcome online guests to their venue with the same style and grace they would as the hostess at the front door.
The decision to create value from this space is the business owners – but if every other venue is building these online relationships and getting to know their customers likes and behaviours it must be worth a thought.
Contact Wireless Social for a chat about adding value to your Wi-Fi solution on:
0800 561 0012
Quote Zonal Trial to request a FREE 30 day trial
I love the fact that Wireless Social collects data automatically. Since installing Wireless Social, it’s become the quickest, most efficient data collection solution we have. It’s brilliant for growing our social followers, particularly with it being our loyal customer base that like us.
Joycelyn Neve, MD of the Seafood Pub Company