GET SMART TO THE NEW WAVE
Operators need to get up to speed and get mobile if they want to capture the 18-24 year old age group according to research of 5,000 GB adults.
The research undertaken in conjunction with CGA Peach, highlights the millennial generation of 18 to 24 year olds are increasingly influential, accounting for 29% of the UK adult population and 42% of ‘eating out’ trade.
They are prepared to use technology to search, browse, book, order and pay for their meals when dining out. And the survey findings have been served up in a white paper, Get Smart To The New Wave with insight from sector specialists.
â€œThis new wave of consumers offers a great opportunity for operators; but to capitalise retailers will need to future proof their businesses using the latest technologyâ€
Stuart McLean, Zonal’s chief executive
The research also reaffirms:
- 56% of millennials believe social media has increased their awareness of eating and drinking out brands
- 54% are interested in using their personal devices to speed up ordering and to pay for their bill
- Over a quarter prefer to be updated on news, offers and menus from their favourite restaurants through their preferred digital channels
- Nearly 40% use social media to find out about special offers
- 45% of 18-24 year olds participate in one or more loyalty scheme for their favourite dining destination
â€œPubs and restaurants need to respond to increasing demand from this influential age group by investing in the right technology and making sure that it’s relevant and can adapt not only for today but tomorrow’s customers.â€
Peter Martin, CGA Peach’s vice president
[news-download-button notification=”email@example.com” file=”https://www.zonal.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Zonal_WhitePaper_NewWave_2016_Digital.pdf”]Download White Paper[/news-download-button]