Terms & Conditions
Your access to and use of the Zonal website is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
2. Credit card details
Zonal will never ask for Credit Card details and request that you do not enter this information on any of the forms on the website.
The contents of the Zonal website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making, any decision.
4. Change of use
Zonal reserves the right to:
4.1. Change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that Zonal shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal and
4.2. Change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
5. Links to third party websites
The Zonal Website may include links to third-party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
6.1. All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to Zonal or otherwise used by Zonal as permitted by law.
6.2. In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
7. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
7.1. The Website is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
7.2. To the extent permitted by law, Zonal will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
7.3. Zonal makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
You agree to indemnify and hold Zonal and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against Zonal arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then that Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
10. Governing law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts. For any further information please email webmaster.
Zonal competitions1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (“Rules“) and apply to competitions (“Competition“) featuring Zonal Retail Data Systems unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition (“Competition Notice“) or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
3. Zonal Retail Data Systems reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Zonal Retail Data Systems’ reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be a Zonal customer or have been contacted directly by Zonal in email or written communications or by telephone. The email address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry“) may be used to notify you of any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
6. Employees of Zonal Retail Data Systems or any associated company of Zonal Retail Data Systems and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Zonal Retail Data Systems reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
8. Zonal Retail Data Systems assumes that by reading the email or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over.
9. Zonal Retail Data Systems reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
10. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Zonal Retail Data Systems in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
11. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Notice states that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and Zonal Retail Data Systems discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, Zonal Retail Data Systems reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
12. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
13. Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of ‘brute force’, ‘script’ or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
14. Proof of emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Zonal Retail Data Systems cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
15. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, Zonal Retail Data Systems does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
16. Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
17. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded, only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)? names may be published in the Zonal Retail Data Systems publication in which the competition appeared and on the relevant publication?s website.
18. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
19. Prizes are non?transferable and there is no cash alternative. Zonal Retail Data Systems reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
20. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Zonal Retail Data Systems and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
21. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Zonal Retail Data Systems reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
Intellectual property rights & use of entries
22. Zonal Retail Data Systems does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although Zonal Retail Data Systems will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
23. Zonal Retail Data Systems does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Zonal Retail Data Systems may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
24. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Zonal Retail Data Systems reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
25. Zonal Retail Data Systems cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Zonal Retail Data Systems is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Zonal Retail Data Systems? liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data protection and publicity
26. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Zonal Retail Data Systems reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
28. By providing Zonal Retail Data Systems with your personal data you consent to Zonal Retail Data Systems transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK. If Zonal Retail Data Systems does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
29. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.
Legal disclosures30. You can view our Modern Slavery Human Trafficking Policy here
31. The Zonal Group of Companies is fully committed to being an equal opportunities employer. This includes our approach on all aspects of employee remuneration and benefits, irrespective of gender, age, religion, beliefs, disability, race or sexual orientation. Where possible, in certain departments, we operate a grading structure paying all employees at that level of skill and experience equal pay, bonus and benefits. Our gender pay reporting is set out below.
Chief Executive Officer